Lesson Plans for October 23-October 27
8th Grade and PreAP English
- Respond to the following journal prompt in your online daily journal: Mindset Monday–What skill do you have that you are most confident about and why?
- Take notes on Fixed vs. Growth Mindset in your English notebook.
- Complete activity.
- Respond to the following journal prompt in your online daily journal: Ticket Twosday–If you won only two tickets to your dream concert, who would you go see and who would you take with you?
- Copy notes from our Growth Mindset lesson yesterday. “Change your thinking–change your mindset.”
- Receive Word Study List 3 and begin working on it–due Thursday.
- Complete Mentor Sentences–Verb Tense: Notice and Note.
- Go to ReadWorks link in Classroom. Read the article about memories and complete the comprehension questions in your table group.
- On your own, map out a Brief Constructed Response (BCR) using the RACES graphic organizer.
- Mentor Sentences–Verb Tense: Sentence Stalking.
- Take notes on Verb Tenses in your English notebook.
- Complete Verb Tense activity in your English notebook.
- Library–Mrs. Cooper will introduce students to National Novel Writing Month (Nanowrimo) with “What is a Novel Anyway?” Click here for Mrs. Cooper’s presentation.