Lesson Plans for April 15-April 19
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, April 15
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”–Describe the most difficult thing about being your age. How do you use GRIT to overcome this difficulty?
- Read the Spotify debate in the Scope magazine and complete an argument analysis.
- Write an evaluation of the arguments given in the Spotify debate.
Tuesday, April 16
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Tenacious Tuesday”–Read the following quote: “What we hope ever to do with ease, we must learn first to do with diligence.” (Samuel Johnson) Explain this quote in your own words. How does it fit with G.R.I.T.?
- Complete the Argument Writing word study quiz.
Wednesday, April 17
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”–Would you rather live in a cave or live in a tree house? Explain your answer.
- Finish Monday’s assignment–evaluating arguments.
- Discuss what we’ve learned about how to write a strong argument.
Thursday, April 18
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Thoughtful Thursday”–What is a world problem that you would most like to fix? Explain why.
- Read the Scope article, “Do You Need Recess?” Answer the comprehension questions and then fill in the argument essay outline.
- Write an introduction for an argument essay on this issue.
Friday, April 19
7th/8th Grade GT
Monday–work on your PBL project proposal
Tuesday–work on your PBL project proposal
Wednesday–no class due to Wacky Wednesday schedule
Thursday–work on your PBL project proposal
Monday–Typing Club or Typing.com
Tuesday–Typing Club, Scratch, or other online learning games
Wednesday–Typing Club or Moby Max vocabulary
Thursday–Typing Club or Moby Max vocabulary