Lesson Plans for August 26-August 30
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, August 26
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: Mindset Monday–In life, do you want things to be easy or challenging? Explain.
- Play the “Getting to Know Your Classmates” Kahoot game.
- Discuss behavior reward cards, RR breaks, and other procedures.
- Sign up for Vocabulary.com and NoRedInk.
Tuesday, August 27
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: Tough Tuesday–What are your strengths? How do you know this?
- Complete an English universal screener (grammar).
- Work on Vocabulary.com list “100 Words Every Middle Schooler Should Know.”
Wednesday, August 28
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal– Title: Wishes Wednesday–If you could have one wish, what would it be?–Share in class.
- Complete a writing benchmark; (for Advanced English–essay exam over The Book Thief.)
Thursday, August 29
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: Thoughtful Thursday–Think of someone you admire or look up to? What are the qualities of that person that you admire?
- Complete a writing survey.
Friday, August 30
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Free Topic Friday”–Write about anything you want as long as it’s appropriate for school and you don’t mind if I read it.
- Begin the “My Favorite Everything” activity in our English NB.
6th Grade GT
Brain-teasers, challenges, and introduction to the United Nations.