Lesson Plans for September 9-13
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, September 9
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”~Has there ever been something that you were not good at in the beginning, but then through practice, you became good at it? Explain.
- Complete a parts-of-speech packet.
Tuesday, September 10
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Travel Tuesday”–If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Explain why.
- Group activity–building effective sentences.
Wednesday, September 11
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal– Title: “What Do You Know Wednesday”–What do you know about 9/11? How do you know it?
- Introduction to our first word study.
Thursday, September 12
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Think About It Thursday”–If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it and why?
- Complete the Word Study #1 chart.
- Complete a word study choice board activity.
Friday, September 13
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Free Topic Friday”–Write about anything you want as long as it’s appropriate for school and you don’t mind if I read it.
- Complete an “I am unique” writing activity in our English notebooks.
6th Grade GT
Students will be researching their chosen countries for Model UN.