Lesson Plans for September 16-20
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, September 16
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”~Read the following quote: “Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” ~Nelson Mandela (former president of South Africa). In your own words, explain what you think this quote means. How could you apply this quote to your own life? Give at least one example with your answer and explanation.
- Copy the Growth Mindset notes into your English notebook.
- Read the passage about Growth Mindset and answer questions.
Tuesday, September 17
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Tenacious Tuesday”– “Tenacity is the ability to hang on when letting go appears most attractive.” What does this quote mean to you? Explain why.
- Participate in a growth mindset class activity
Wednesday, September 18
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal– Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”–Would you rather read minds or see into the future? Explain your answer.
- Word Study workday
Thursday, September 19
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Three Things Thursday”–If you had the opportunity, what are three positive changes you would like to make in the world?
- Introduce Real-World Writing Purposes.
Friday, September 20
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Free Topic Friday”–Write about anything you want as long as it’s appropriate for school and you don’t mind if I read it.
- Continue Real-World Writing Purposes
6th Grade GT
Students will be researching their chosen countries for Model UN.