Lesson Plans for September 30 – October 4
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, September 30
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”~Read the following quote: “You always pass failure on the way to success.” ~ Mickey Rooney; How does this quote relate to having a growth mindset? Explain.
- Fill out the mindset survey, and discuss as a class what the results mean.
Tuesday, October 1
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Top Two Tuesday”~What are the top two things you like about yourself? Explain why.
- Continue RWWP activity~1 topic = 12 topics
Wednesday, October 2
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal– Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”–Would you rather have no electricity or no running water? Explain your answer.
- Continue RWWP~write a short introduction for each of our topics from the previous activity.
Thursday, October 3
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: Three Things Thursday~What are three kind or supportive things that we should say more often to each other? Why these three?
- Brainstorm for a Six-Word Memoir.
Friday, October 4
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Future Friday”–What are your dreams for the future? What is your plan to make them happen?
- Complete a Six-Word Memoir and add an artistic background.
6th Grade GT
Students will be researching their chosen world issues for Model UN.