Lesson Plans for October 7-October 11
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, October 7
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”~ What would you be willing to work hard to achieve if you knew it was possible?
- Watch videos about how you can change your brain by learning new things and answer a question about how this information relates to a growth mindset.
- Complete a survey about brain hemispheres.
Tuesday, October 8
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Tell Me About It Tuesday”~What is one thing you wish I knew about you? Explain why.
- Finish the RWWP~Writing for a Purpose assignment. Share your writing with the people at your table, and make corrections as needed.
- Work on the Vocabulary.com list–Word Study 2019-1.
Wednesday, October 9
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal– Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”– Would you rather be able to control fire or water? Explain your answer.
- Take notes on Parts of a Sentence and complete notebook activity.
- Work on NoRedInk–you may have two assignments.
Thursday, October 10
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: Three Things Thursday~ “Happiness isn’t about getting what you want. It’s about being thankful for what you already have.” What are three things you are thankful for? Explain why.
- Take a quiz over Real-World Writing Purposes.
- Work on Vocabulary.com and/or NoRedInk.
Friday, October 11
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Future Friday”–What are your dreams for the future? What is your plan to make them happen?
- Participate in Parts of a Sentence activity.
6th Grade GT
Students will be researching their chosen world issues for Model UN.