Lesson Plans for October 14-18
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, October 14
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”~Write about one mistake you have made in the past. What lesson(s) did you learn from that mistake? Explain thoroughly.
- Complete a Flocabulary assignment on Parts of a Sentence.
- Complete the handout “Underlining Subjects and Predicates” and paste it in your English notebook.
- Finish Vocabulary.com list Word Study 2019-1 and NoRedInk assignments.
Tuesday, October 15
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Topping Tuesday”~Choose an ice cream topping that best represents your personality. Explain your choice.
- Review for nine week’s exam tomorrow.
Wednesday, October 16
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal– Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”–Would you rather spend all night in a coffin in the middle of a graveyard or in a nice, comfortable bed in a spooky, abandoned house?
- Complete your 1st Nine Week’s Exam.
Thursday, October 17
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Three Things Thursday”~If you could sit at a table with any three people, who would it be and why? Note: You have to choose one historical figure, one celebrity, and one living person.
- Begin working on Word Study List 2019-2.
Friday, October 18
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Future Friday”–What are your dreams for the future? What is your plan to make them happen?
- Continue working on Parts of a Sentence: Verbs and Verb Phrases.
6th Grade GT
Students will be researching their chosen world issues for Model UN.