Lesson Plans for November 18-November 22
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, November 18
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily writing journal: “Mindset Monday”~Think about the goals you set for yourself last week. How are you doing so far? What smaller actions have you been doing to accomplish your mid-level goals?
- Watch a video tutorial about the difference between simple and compound sentences.
- Work on a practice packet about simple and compound sentences.
Tuesday, November 19
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Technology Tuesday”~What is the best invention of all time? Explain why.
- Paste Types of Sentences exercise in our English notebooks.
- Complete and discuss exercise as a class.
Wednesday, November 20
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”~Would you rather be the richest person in the world or the smartest person in the world? Make sure to explain your choice!
- Take notes on subordinating conjunctions and discuss.
- Paste and complete exercise in English notebook.
Thursday, November 21
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Thankful Thursday”~What are your favorite Thanksgiving traditions?
- Complete a formative assessment on sentence types.
Friday, November 22
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: Free Topic Friday–Write about anything you want as long as it is appropriate and you don’t mind if I read it.
- Participate in a “sentence people” activity.
6th Grade GT
Students will plan out and work on multimedia presentations for Model UN.