Lesson Plans for December 2-December 6
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, December 2
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily writing journal: “Mindset Monday”~When do you feel most successful? How much of what you answered is actually in your control?
- Complete digital lessons in Flocabulary.com~Simple and Compound Sentences (due tomorrow).
- Complete digital lessons in Flocabulary.com~Complex Sentences (due Wednesday).
Tuesday, December 3
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Top Three Tuesday”~What are three words that describe you best? Explain why you chose these words.
- Paste Relative Pronoun notes in your English notebook and complete the exercise as a class.
- Complete guided review of using subordinating conjunctions or relative pronouns to create complex sentences.
Wednesday, December 4
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”~Would you rather not be allowed to wash your hands for a month or your hair for a month? Explain your choice.
- Participate in a grammar escape room activity~sentence types.
Thursday, December 5
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Thoughtful Thursday”~The most meaningful gift I have ever received is _______________. Explain why.
- Complete a grammar activity about sentence types.
Friday, December 6
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: Free Topic Friday–Write about anything you want as long as it is appropriate and you don’t mind if I read it.
- Paste punctuation notes in our English notebooks.
- Participate in a punctuation scavenger hunt.
6th Grade GT
Students will work on and finish multimedia presentations for Model UN.