Lesson Plans for January 13-January 17
8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, January 13
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”~Consider the following quote: “If you don’t give anything, don’t expect anything. Success is not coming to you; you must come to it.” Explain what it means in your own words. How does it relate to growth mindset?
- Complete the punctuation practice activity in your notebook.
Tuesday, January 14
- Complete Day Three and Day Four of Daily Language Study 2020-1 (sentence types)
- Sign up for Khan Academy; complete punctuation practice assignments.
Wednesday, January 15
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”~Would you rather be a famous athlete or a famous movie star? Explain your choice.
- Begin working on Digital Task Cards for Word Study List 2020-1.
Thursday, January 16
- Complete Day Five of Daily Language Study 2020-1 (figurative language)–turn it in on Google Classroom.
- Work on Word Study #3 Digital Task Cards–if finished, turn them in on Google Classroom.
- Work on “Word Study List 3” on vocabulary.com.
Friday, January 17
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Freaky Friday”–If you could trade lives with one person for a day, who would it be and why?
- Participate in an informal debate–four corners.
6th Grade GT
Students will work on speeches and projects for Model UN.