8th Grade and Advanced English
Monday, April 1
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: “Mindset Monday”– Read the following quote: “Problems are not stop signs; they are guidelines.” ~Robert H. Schuller–How can we apply this quote to having G.R.I.T.? Explain your answer.
- Analyze and discuss a model written argument.
- Take notes on what makes a strong argument essay.
Tuesday, April 2
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Tenacious Tuesday”–Read the following quote: “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~Thomas Edison–What does this quote mean to you? As always, explain your answer.
- Review and work on last week’s Scope assignment–analyzing a debate.
Wednesday, April 3
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Would You Rather Wednesday”–Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to speak? Explain.
- Finish the Scope assignment and turn it in.
- Vote on this week’s debate topic–homework is to complete the debate preparation notes.
Thursday, April 4
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Three Things Thursday”–Make a list of three things you like to do when you’re bored. Explain.
- Work on Word Study List #6 or debate notes for tomorrow.
- Advanced English will debate today–have notes ready.
Friday, April 5
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: “Free Topic Friday”–Write about anything you want as long as it’s appropriate for school and you don’t mind if I read it.
- Participate in a fish-bowl debate–notes are due for a grade.
7th/8th Grade GT
Monday–organize robot kits
Tuesday–organize robot kits
Thursday–choose a PBL project
Friday–choose a PBL project
Monday–Typing Club, Scratch, or other online learning games
Wednesday–Typing Club, Scratch, or other online learning games
Friday–Typing Club, Scratch, or other online learning games