8th Grade and Advanced English
Thursday, August 15
- Check out Chromebooks
Friday, August 16
- Set up Google Doc for journal writing–complete a freewriting assignment.
- Participate in an ice-breaker activity–create a name plate.
- First homework assignment–collect items to decorate our English notebooks–due next Tuesday, August 20.
Monday, August 19
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google daily journal–Title: Mindset Monday–What are two goals you have for yourself this school year? Explain.
- Begin setting up our notebooks.
- Homework assignment–collect items to decorate our English notebooks–due tomorrow.
Tuesday, August 20
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal– Title: Techie Tuesday–Write about your favorite game, app, or social media site? Why is it your favorite?
- Paste expectations, notebook guidelines, and blog/Remind signature pages into notebooks–due back by Friday, August 23 to receive a 100 in the gradebook.
- Begin decorating our notebooks.
Wednesday, August 21
- Respond to the following prompt in your Google writing journal–Title: Wise Wednesday–Name five important expectations from the Daily Life handout in your notebook–discuss as a class.
- Discuss behavior reward cards, RR breaks, and other procedures.
- Complete group activity re: this year’s expectations for students and for me.
Thursday, August 22
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal–Title: Thoughtful Thursday–If you had to throw out all but ONE of your possessions, which ONE prized possession would you keep?–Share in class.
- Complete “Take Time for a Selfie” activity on Padlet.
- Work on notebooks.
Friday, August 23
- Respond to the following prompt in Google daily journal– Title: FriYay!–What is one thing you are really excited about right now?–Share in class.
- Finish decorating our notebooks.
6th Grade GT
Introductions, syllabus, brain-teasers, challenges, and world news summaries.